Sure, blogs allow your students to communicate via text, static images and hyperlinks, but wait -- there's so much more!! Embed multimedia to help get the message across to the viewer. Below is an example of an embedded digital story I made on the topic of child slavery and chocolate using OneTrueMedia.com. Text elements were created in Paint and then saved as .jpgs. You can add text in this webware, but sometimes it is a bit too small to get your point across.
1. Type in any text you may want in your post first. Check it thoroughly for errors (spelling and grammar). Why? Sometimes if you have to come back in and make changes in the text, it can "break" your slideshow. This isn't the end of the world, but you will, more than likely, have to delete the embed coding (from step 4 below), then reinsert it again (in the HTML view) to make it work. What will it look like if it breaks?
2. Publish the textual part of your post first.
3. Go back in and edit this post. Place your cursor where you want to place the OneTrueMedia project.
4. Click on the HTML tab to go into the "HTML view". Paste in your embed code from your OneTrueMedia project.
5. Publish again and check it out. :)